Saturday, February 4, 2012

K'Naan Gets Back At The GOP's About His Music

knaan













*Music artist K’Naan feels utterly disgusted and disrespected by Republican hopeful Mitt Romney after the politician used his music, “Waving Flag” at his campaigns.
K’Naan told MTV news he would seek legal action if the song would continue to be played at his events.
“Mitt Romney makes the sort of statements that are the antithesis of the very music that I make,” K’Naan said before referencing a comment Romney made to CNN on Wednesday after his Florida primary win that he isn’t worried about the very poor. “‘I’m not very concerned with the very poor’ – my music is concerned with the very poor.”
This isn’t the rapper’s first time protesting the use of his music. A song of his was also used as Coca-Cola’s theme song for the 2010 World Cup.
“It bothers me when music is appropriated in the wrong way. It’s not in the same spirit that I create the feeling and the statements that I get from his campaign.”
But he’s not against his music being used, just as long as the campaign messages line up with his.
mitt romney

No comments:

Post a Comment